Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Illustrating I'M BORED: A Scrapbook Blog About The Process

As some of you already know, I recently finished illustrating I'M BORED, a new picture book written by Michael Ian Black and coming out from Simon & Schuster Books For Young Readers in Sept/2012.


I've launched an I'M BORED Scrapbook blog about the process...not just about illustrating but also about the writing, publishing and marketing process. I've been interviewing Michael Ian Black (author), Justin Chanda (editor) and Laurent Linn (art director) and have already posted some of their comments.

I'll be including sketches (including early character sketches I sent to Justin and his comments) and comics about the I'M BORED process as well as photos from my visits to Simon & Schuster in NYC and Canada.


If you're interested in finding out more about the nuts-and-bolts of illustrating a picture book for Simon & Schuster Books For Young Readers, do bookmark my I'M BORED Process Blog. Thanks!

-- Debbie Ridpath Ohi

1 comment:

  1. A digital scrapbook is an interesting project. With marginal mess, you can gather images and memories into an digital scrapbook.

    Midwest Scrapbook

    ReplyDelete