Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Back from Neverland - by Eliza Wheeler


Hello friends! Eliza here, checking in with updates from a long absence. Many thanks to my fellow mentees for their wonderful and inspiring posts. I am honored and excited to be part of this group! As for my doings, life has been a whirlwind these past few months. The day after the SCBWI summer conference, my husband, Adam, and I packed our belongings into storage in Los Angeles and drove cross-country to spend a busy month with family in Wisconsin, going to weddings and preparing for our first ever backpacking trip abroad.
On September 5th we were off! First, to London to meet up with our friends (the band, The Daredevil Christopher Wright) and tour along with them in England, France, Switzerland, Belgium, and The Netherlands. It was a rollicking good time, and quite an exhausting travel schedule. After they returned to the States, Adam and I continued on for the month of October backpacking through Denmark, Germany and Italy. It was an amazing two months, and a great feeling to finally be achieving a lifelong dream of ours.
I’m very excited to get back into the swing of things and be participating in the blog. Some posts I have coming up include photos from my trip, sketches, reflections on the feedback from our mentors, goals for moving forward, tips for getting out of a rut and getting involved. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment